- Fultium - D3
Fultium - D3
Images for illustrative purposes only
Fultium-D3 is a medication that contains the active ingredient cholecalciferol, a form of vitamin D3. Vitamin D is needed for healthy bones, teeth, and muscles. Vitamin D is produced by the body upon exposure to sunlight, but many of us do not get enough of the vitamin in this way. Supplementation is therefore often required.
- Treats vitamin D deficiency
- Help your body to absorb calcium
- Good for healthy bones
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
- Fultium-D3 contains cholecalciferol, a form of vitamin D3
- It is used to supplement low levels of vitamin D for healthy bones, teeth, and muscles
- A lack of vitamin D can cause bone pain and other symptoms in adults
- Each capsule of Fultium-D3 contains 800IU of cholecalciferol, which is equivalent to 20 micrograms of vitamin D
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Fultium-D3 Work?
Vitamin D is usually produced by the body when our skin is exposed to sunlight. With many of us protecting our skin from the sun by covering up, avoiding excessive sun exposure, and using sun cream, vitamin D deficiency can occur. Vitamin D is especially likely in people who are housebound, do not spend much time in the sun or take steps to protect their skin, or those with a darker skin tone.
Vitamin D helps the body to absorb calcium from our diet. The calcium is needed to keep our bones, muscles, and teeth healthy. If vitamin D levels are too low, calcium is not absorbed and a bone condition called osteomalacia can occur. Osteoporosis and an increased risk of bone fractures may also be caused by low vitamin D levels.
Fultium-D3 increases the levels of vitamin D, promoting the absorption of calcium from the diet for healthy bones and teeth.
How is Fultium-D3 Taken?
The capsules should be swallowed whole with some water. The capsule must not be opened, crushed, or chewed.
Fultium-D3 can be taken with or without food.
Dosage of Fultium-D3
If you have been told that you have vitamin D deficiency, your dose of Fultium-D3 will depend on how low your levels of vitamin D are. 1 to 4 capsules can be taken daily for up to 12 weeks.
For prevention of vitamin D deficiency or maintenance once normal vitamin D levels have been achieved, 1 to 2 capsules are usually taken each day.
Children aged 12 and over with vitamin D deficiency are usually prescribed 1 capsule per day.
All patients should have their vitamin D levels monitored by their doctor to check that the levels are improving or stable, and that the capsules are not causing high calcium levels.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Fultium-D3 can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- High levels of calcium in the urine on testing
- High levels of calcium on blood testing
- Rash or itching.
Your doctor should monitor your blood and urine tests to ensure Fultium-D3 is the right medication for you. If the rash or itching persists, seek advice from a healthcare professional.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Fultium-D3 may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have kidney stones
- Have severe kidney disease
- Have been told you have high calcium levels in your blood or urine
- Have sarcoidosis
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding – this is because it is important to have normal levels of vitamin D at these times
Some medications can interact with Fultium-D3. You may be advised that Fultium-D3 may not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for heart disease
Because Fultium-D3 may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Fultium-D3 will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Fultium-D3 will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Fultium-D3 will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.