We are back open! We will be once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Diuretic tablet
- Reduces the salt absorbed by the body
- Lowers blood pressure
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Indapamide is a medication that is prescribed to treat high blood pressure, or hypertension. It belongs to a group of medications called diuretics. It is often taken once a day in the morning.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Indapamide is a medication that is taken to treat hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Indapamide is a diuretic (water tablet) but also widens the blood vessels to lower the blood pressure
- Indapamide is sometimes known by its brand name Natrilix
- Indapamide can occasionally cause a skin rash, nausea (feeling sick) or cause you to feel dizzy, but these side effects are usually mild
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Indapamide Work?
Although indapamide is a diuretic (a “water tablet” used to rid the body of excess fluid), it can also be prescribed to treat high blood pressure. Indapamide causes the blood vessels to widen. This reduces the pressure of the blood within them, lowering the overall blood pressure. This in turn reduces the strain on the heart, as it does not have to work so hard to pump blood around the body.
Sometimes you may be prescribed another medication for high blood pressure to take alongside indapamide.
Slow release preparations of indapamide are also available. These tablets release indapamide slowly into the body which may help to keep your blood pressure stable over a longer period.
How is Indapamide Taken?
Indapamide is a tablet that is usually taken once in the morning. It should be swallowed with some water, and can be taken with or without food.
Dosage of Indapamide
When treating high blood pressure, the usual dose of indapamide is 2.5mg every morning. It can take several months for indapamide to be fully effective, and so it is unusual to increase the dose. If your blood pressure remains high despite taking 2.5mg of indapamide, another type of blood pressure medication may be added in.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, indapamide can have some side effects. The most common side effect is a rash or increased sensitivity to sun light. If this occurs, you should ensure you wear adequate sunscreen. You should also speak to your doctor as another medication may better suit you.
Less commonly, some people may experience one of the following side effects:
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Feeling dizzy on standing – it is best to stand up slowly if this occurs.
These side effects are likely to resolve, but if they are troublesome or persist you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Indapamide may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease or renal impairment
- Have diabetes
- Have low sodium or potassium on blood testing
- Have high calcium or hyperparathyroidism
- Get attacks of gout
- Are an athlete (indapamide may give a positive reaction in doping tests)
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with indapamide. You may be advised that indapamide will not suit you if you already take:
- Drugs for an irregular heartbeat or rhythm
- Certain anti-psychotic medications
- Other medications for high blood pressure
- Some anti-inflammatory medications
- Some anti-depressant medications
Because indapamide may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that indapamide will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, indapamide will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.