Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective type-2 diabetes treatment
- Lowers blood glucose levels
- Reduces cardiovascular health risks
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Jardiance is a tablet medication that is taken for type 2 diabetes if high blood sugar levels have not responded to diet and lifestyle changes alone. Jardiance works by increasing the amount of sugar the kidneys remove from the body via the urine. Some people take Jardiance on its own, whereas others take it alongside other medications for diabetes.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
Taking an anti-diabetes medication can lead to low blood sugar levels and hypos, so it is important that you recognise the symptoms of this including feeling shaky, anxious, sweaty, or dizzy.
What is Jardiance?
- Jardiance is prescribed to treat high blood sugar levels associated with type 2 diabetes
- Jardiance contains the active ingredient empagliflozin, a SGLT2 inhibitor
- This medication works by encouraging the kidneys to transfer sugar from the blood into the urine
- Jardiance should be taken in combination with making lifestyle and dietary modifications for the best clinical outcome
- Jardiance is sometimes prescribed alongside other anti-diabetes medications
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
What is Diabetes?
Our bodies rely on insulin which is made by the pancreas. Insulin helps to control the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood. If the body starts to make less insulin, our blood sugar levels are left to rise unchecked. In some people, the body has also stopped responding properly to any insulin that is being produced. The rising blood sugar levels will lead to diabetes.
High levels of glucose in the blood over a prolonged period can cause damage to the blood vessels, nerves, kidneys, and eyes. Some patients will eventually require amputation of extremities including the toes or feet. It is therefore very important to keep your blood glucose levels under control, even if you currently feel well.
How Does Jardiance Work?
Jardiance contains the active ingredient empagliflozin. Empagliflozin is a sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitor. Jardiance works by preventing the kidneys from reabsorbing glucose back into the blood stream. This means that excess glucose is removed from the body via the urine, and blood sugar levels therefore decrease.
Taking Jardiance with another anti-diabetic medication may cause your blood glucose levels to fall too low, and so you must be aware of the risk of hypos (hypoglycaemia or low blood sugar).
How is Jardiance Taken?
Jardiance is a tablet that should be swallowed whole with some water. It can be taken with or without food. Try to take the tablet at the same time every day, as this will help to keep your blood sugar levels steady, as well as making it easier to remember to take your tablet.
What is the proper dosage of Jardiance?
Jardiance 10mg / 25mg
Jardiance is available in two different strength tablets, 10mg and 25mg.
A common starting dose of Jardiance is 10mg once daily. If a stronger dose is needed to control blood sugar levels, your doctor may increase your dose.
If you have heart failure or kidney impairment you may be advised to remain on a lower dose.
Are there any side effects to Jardiance?
Like all medications, Jardiance can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Increased urination
- Increase in lipids on blood testing
- Low blood sugar level (a hypo or hypoglycaemia) when taking Jardiance and another anti-diabetic medication – see below under Warnings.
Hypos should be treated immediately with a sugary sweet or drink, and medical assistance. The other side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
As more sugar is excreted in the urine, you may be at higher risk of certain infections including:
- A urinary tract infection (UTI or water infection)
- Vaginal or vulval thrush
- Infection of the head of the penis (balanitis)
If you think you have an infection, you should speak to your doctor, as antibiotics may be required.
If you usually use dipsticks to test your urine, these will now demonstrate the presence of sugar in your urine due to Jardiance’s mechanism of action.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
What warnings does Jardiance come with?
When taking Jardiance alongside another anti-diabetic medication, you should be aware of the early signs of low blood sugar. These include:
- Feeling hungry
- Trembling or shaking
- Struggling to concentrate or feeling confused
If a hypo occurs, you should eat or drink a fast acting carbohydrate such as sugary fruit juice, sweets or a sugar cube. If you still feel unwell, seek immediate medical advice.
Jardiance may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have hypersensitivity or allergy to any of the ingredients in Jardiance
- Have kidney disease
- Have heart failure
- Have low blood pressure
- Are aged over 75
- Have ever had diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have lactose intolerance
- Have cardiovascular disease (heart or blood vessel disease)
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding - Jardiance is often deemed unsuitable for pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Jardiance. You may be advised that Jardiance will not suit you if you already take:
- Insulin – your dose of insulin may need to be decreased when you start Jardiance
- A diuretic medication (‘water tablet’)
Where can I buy Jardiance online?
Buy Jardiance for Diabetes
You can safely buy Jardiance online at EU Meds. Because Jardiance may not suit everyone, we will complete an online consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Jardiance will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Jardiance will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Jardiance will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.