Easter updates: Please note orders will need to be placed on Monday 3rd April, for delivery before Good Friday. Orders placed after this date will be processed on Tuesday 11th April.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Drug to control type-2 diabetes
- Lessens risk of future health problems
- Increases insulin release
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Jentadueto is a tablet medication used to help control blood sugar levels in people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Jentadueto contains two different anti-diabetes medications, metformin and linagliptin.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
Taking an anti-diabetes medication can lead to low blood sugar levels and hypos, so it is important that you recognise the symptoms of this including feeling shaky, anxious, sweaty, or dizzy.
- Jentadueto is a tablet medication used to lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes
- Jentadueto works in several ways to help keep blood sugar levels within the normal range
- It contains two different medications, metformin and linagliptin
- Jentadueto may be prescribed when one medication alone has not had the desired clinical effect
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
What is Diabetes?
Our bodies rely on insulin which is made by the pancreas. Insulin helps to control the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood. If the body starts to make less insulin, our blood sugar levels are left to rise unchecked. In some people, the body has also stopped responding properly to any insulin that is being produced. The rising blood sugar levels will lead to diabetes.
High levels of glucose in the blood over a prolonged period can cause damage to the blood vessels, nerves, kidneys, and eyes. Some patients will eventually require amputation of extremities including the toes or feet. It is therefore very important to keep your blood glucose levels under control, even if you currently feel well.
How Does Jentadueto Work?
The two medications in Jentadueto help to lower the blood sugar levels in different ways.
Metformin works in more than one way to control blood glucose levels. Its first mechanism of action is to prevent the liver from releasing too much sugar into the bloodstream. It also prompts the body to respond better to any insulin that is still naturally being produced. These actions combined help to lower blood sugar levels to a healthier range.
Linagliptin stimulates the pancreas to make more insulin, helping to bring the blood sugar levels down. It also reduces the production of glucagon, which in turn prevents the liver from releasing as much sugar into the bloodstream.
These actions combined help to lower blood sugar levels. After starting Jentadueto, it can take up to three months to see the full effect. It is therefore important to see this as a long term treatment and take your medication regularly.
How is Jentadueto Taken?
Jentadueto is a tablet that is usually taken twice daily with some water. It can be taken with or without food, although taking it with food may help to prevent digestive side effects.
Dosage of Jentadueto
Jentadueto tablets are available in two strengths:
- 2.5mg/850mg tablets contain 2.5mg of linagliptin and 850mg of metformin
- 2.5mg/1000mg tablets contain 2.5mg of linagliptin and 1000mg of metformin.
Your dose will depend on your current medication and response to treatment so far. The maximum daily dose is 1 tablet twice daily.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Jentadueto can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Disturbance in taste
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Abdominal (tummy) pain
- Increase in lipase on blood testing
- Low blood sugar level (a hypo or hypoglycaemia)– see below under Warnings.
Hypos should be treated immediately with a sugary sweet or drink, and medical assistance. The other side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, tablets containing metformin can cause more serious side effects including:
- Severe tiredness with fast or shallow breathing
- Feeling cold or having a slow heartbeat
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers, muscle weakness or changes to your vision.
If these occur, speak to a doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Jentadueto may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have hypersensitivity to metformin or linagliptin
- Have severe kidney failure
- Have heart failure
- Have recently had a heart attack
- Have liver disease
- Have alcohol dependence or alcoholism
- Are aged 80 or older
- Are pregnant or trying to conceive – Jentadueto is usually not suitable at these times
- Are breastfeeding – your doctor will advise whether Jentadueto can be taken.
Some medications can interact with Jentadueto. You may be advised that Jentadueto will not suit you if you already take:
- NSAIDS (anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen)
- Medications for high blood pressure
- Medications for fluid retention or oedema.
If you are due to have imaging such as a CT scan that requires contrast to be injected, you should speak to your doctor as you may need to stop taking Jentadueto beforehand.
Because Jentadueto may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Jentadueto will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Jentadueto will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Jentadueto will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.
Here to help you
Our Customer Service is available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999. Visit our help section