We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Treats mild to severe asthma
- Relieves symptoms of breathlessness
- Extra fine aerosol for better taste and dosage
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Kelhale is a type of “preventer” inhaler. This means that it is taken on a regular basis (every day) to prevent the symptoms of asthma including asthma attacks or exacerbations. Kelhale is the brand name, and the active ingredient is beclometasone dipropionate.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Kelhale is an inhaler that is used to treat asthma
- Kelhale helps to keep the symptoms of asthma under control
- It is taken every day to prevent exacerbations
- Kelhale is the trade name, and the inhaler contains the active ingredient beclometasone which is a steroid
- The inhaler comes in two different strengths
- You may also need a “reliever” inhaler that is used to quickly treat exacerbations of asthma
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Kelhale Work?
Kelhale is a corticosteroid inhaler. The steroid within Kelhale (beclometasone) helps to reduce the swelling within the airways. It does this by dampening down the actions of inflammatory cells in the airways, including mast cells and white blood cells.
Once the swelling is minimised, it is easier to draw air into the lungs via the airways. This makes your breathing feel easier and helps to reduce wheezing.
Unlike reliever inhalers, preventer inhalers can take a few days before you notice a difference in your symptoms. It can be up to two weeks before you feel the benefit of using beclometasone. At this point, it is important to continue using your inhaler every day as prescribed. Stopping your inhaler is likely to lead to your symptoms of asthma recurring.
You may also need a “reliever” inhaler in case of a sudden flare up of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing, or coughing.
How is Kelhale Taken?
Unlike a reliever inhaler which is often only taken when your symptoms suddenly worsen, you should take Kelhale every day. Many people will take their inhaler in the morning and in the evening. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s information to ensure you take your inhaler properly.
The following instructions will help you take your inhaler properly. You should take your inhaler when standing or sitting up.
- Remove the mouthpiece cover.
- Check that the mouthpiece is clean, and that there is nothing inside the inhaler.
- Place your thumb on the base of the inhaler below the mouthpiece. Hold the top of the inhaler with your forefinger.
- Breathe out away from the inhaler.
- Place the inhaler between your lips to make a seal. Do not bite the inhaler.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply through your mouth. Just as you start to breathe in, press the canister down firmly. This will release a dose of beclometasone. Continue to breathe in slowly and deeply so that you draw the medication in further.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth without breathing out.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds.
- Breathe out slowly.
- Wait for 1 minute, and then repeat steps 3 to 9 if a second dose is prescribed.
- Replace the cap of the inhaler to keep the mouthpiece clean.
- Rinse your mouth with water to avoid becoming hoarse and reduce the risk of oral infections occurring.
Dosage of Kelhale
The dose of Kelhale may be lower than that of other beclometasone inhalers. If you have previously taken another beclometasone inhaler, it is important to check your prescribing information as it may differ to your previous dose.
Kelhale inhalers are available in two different strengths, 50 micrograms and 100 micrograms per puff.
For mild asthma, a common starting dose is 50 to 100 micrograms twice daily. For severe asthma, you may be prescribed a higher dose.
Carefully check your individual prescription to confirm which strength inhaler you have been prescribed, and to ensure you take the correct dose.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Kelhale can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Thrush (a fungal infection) of the mouth of throat
- Sore throat
- Taste disturbances.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
More serious side effects are rare. They are more likely if you have been taking Kelhale for a long time. They include:
- Signs of an infection including high temperature, cough with phlegm or mucus, pain on passing urine (peeing), or mouth sores
- A round puffy face known as ‘moon face’ – this can be a sign of Cushing’s Syndrome
- Diarrhoea and vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss, tiredness, and dizziness – these can be signs of adrenal problems
- Blurred vision due to glaucoma or cataracts.
You should speak to your doctor promptly if you notice any of the above symptoms.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Kelhale may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in Kelhale
- Have ever had tuberculosis
- Cannot have alcohol
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, as it is important that your asthma is well controlled at these times.
Because Kelhale may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Kelhale will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Kelhale will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Kelhale will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.