We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Lowers high cholesterol
- Prevents the liver from producing cholesterol
- Decreases risk of heart disease
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Lescol XL is prescribed to help lower high cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease in some people. It contains the drug fluvastatin. Lescol XL belongs to a family of medications called statins.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Lescol XL
- Lescol XL belongs to a group of medications called statins
- The active ingredient, fluvastatin, helps to lower levels of cholesterol in the blood
- In people who are in a high risk category, Lescol XL is also prescribed to help prevent other conditions including heart attacks and strokes
- Lescol XL is a sustained release preparation that is usually taken once daily
- Lescol XL is available as a tablet
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Lescol XL Work?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance. Lescol XL works by reducing the amount of cholesterol that is produced and retained within the body’s blood vessels.
Reducing the amount of cholesterol produced helps to prevent cholesterol from building up in the walls of the arteries. This is important because having cholesterol in the arteries increases the risk of the arteries becoming blocked. When arteries become blocked, it can result in a stroke, heart attack, or damage to another organ in the body such as the kidneys.
Lescol XL can therefore reduce the risk of high cholesterol, and some of its complications.
How is Lescol XL Taken?
Lescol XL tablets should be swallowed with a glass of water. Lescol XL can be taken with or without food as the tablets are unlikely to make you feel sick. If you experience any nausea (feeling sick), it might be worth taking Lescol XL with food to see if this helps.
Dosage of Lescol XL
The dose of Lescol XL varies from 20mg to 80mg daily. The dose you are prescribed may depend on how high your cholesterol levels are, and whether you have had any success lowering the level with changes to diet and lifestyle.
Lescol XL is a sustained release preparation. This means that the fluvastatin contained within it continues to work in the body for longer than standard release tablets. Lescol XL is therefore usually only taken once a day.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Lescol XL can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Abdominal pain
- Acid reflux
- Disturbed sleep
- Changes to some blood test results – your doctor should monitor this.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Rarely, more serious side effects can occur. These include:
- Muscle pain and weakness – this could be a sign of muscle or kidney damage
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, with dark urine (pee) or pale stools (poo) – this could be a sign of liver problems
- Cough and breathlessness – this could be a sign of a lung problem
- Skin rashes on the palms of the hands or soles of the feet
- Severe abdominal (tummy) pain – this could be a sign of a problem with the pancreas.
You should speak to your doctor straight away if any of these side effects occur.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Lescol XL Warnings
Lescol XL may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have lung disease
- Have diabetes
- Have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Drink a large amount of alcohol or have alcohol dependence
- Have low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Have a muscle disorder, including fibromyalgia
- Have had muscular problems when taking Lescol XL, fluvastatin or another statin in the past
- Are aged over 70
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to Lescol XL, fluvastatin or any other medication
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Some medications can interact with Lescol XL. You may be advised that Lescol XL will not suit you if you already take:
- Fusidic acid
- Medications for diabetes
- Antifungal medications.
Because Lescol XL may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Lescol XL will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Lescol XL will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Lescol XL will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.