Images for illustrative purposes only
- Classed as a proton pump inhibitor
- Reduces symptoms of acid reflux
- Helps to prevent cancer of the oesophagus
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Nexium Control is a brand of the medication esomeprazole. Esomeprazole is a medication that helps to reduce the amount of acid in your stomach. It can be taken for heartburn, acid reflux, indigestion or to treat stomach ulcers. It is part of a group of medications called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Free Standard Delivery
Delivered to your home or work address
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Nexium Control
- Stomach acid is necessary for digesting food and killing any bacteria that could make you unwell
- When your stomach is healthy, a layer of mucous is produced to act as a barrier so that the acid doesn’t damage the lining of the stomach
- In some people, the barrier breaks down and the acid can cause stomach inflammation or an ulcer
- Nexium Control reduces the amount of acid the stomach produces, helping to relieve symptoms
- The esomeprazole in Nexium Control also aids repair of the stomach
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Nexium Control Work?
Proton Pump Inhibitors such as the esomeprazole in Nexium Control reduce the amount of acid being produced by the lining of the stomach. Reducing the acid reduces the irritation to the stomach and helps to prevent ulcers forming. If damage has already occurred, Nexium Control can promote healing of the stomach lining. This reduces feelings of indigestion and stomach pain.
Acid reflux occurs when the excess acid that is being produced escapes out of the stomach up into the oesophagus (food pipe). This gives the sensation of heartburn, a burning, painful sensation in the middle of the chest. As Nexium Control helps to reduce the amount of acid being produced, it can help to relieve symptoms of acid reflux, too.
The esomeprazole in Nexium Control is similar to another PPI called omeprazole. They are made of the same ingredients, but their chemical make-up is slightly different. Esomeprazole is processed more slowly than omeprazole. This means it might work faster and last longer than omeprazole. Compared to preparations that contain omeprazole, if you take other medications, Nexium Control is less likely to interact with them.
How is Nexium Control Taken?
Each Nexium Control tablet should be taken with some water. The tablet should not be crushed or chewed, but if you have difficulty swallowing your doctor may suggest that you dissolve the tablet in a glass of still (non-carbonated) water. You should drink the liquid within 30 minutes. The glass should then be half-filled with water, and this water consumed too to ensure you get the full dose of medication.
Dosage of Nexium Control
Your dosage of Nexium Control will depend on the condition that you are taking esomeprazole for. Typical doses range from 20mg to 40mg once or twice daily. Always read the prescriber’s instructions to ensure you are taking the correct dose.
Your dose may later be increased if the medication does not seem to be working very well.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Nexium Control can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Nausea or vomiting (feeling sick or being sick)
- Stomach pain
- Excess wind.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally a serious side effect can occur. You should speak to a doctor straight away if you have:
- Joint pain or changes to your skin – this could be a sign of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine (pee) or pale stools (poo) – this could be a sign of liver disease.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Nexium Control Warnings
Nexium Control may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have liver problems
- Have problems digesting glucose or sucrose
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to esomeprazole or another medication
- Are due to have an endoscopy (as esomeprazole may cause unreliable results)
- Are pregnant or trying to conceive – Nexium Control may still be suitable but it is important that your prescriber is aware
- Are breastfeeding – Nexium Control is not recommended for women who are breastfeeding.
Your prescriber will advise whether Nexium Control is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with Nexium Control. You may be advised that Nexium Control will not suit you if you already take:
- Some antifungal medications
Because Nexium Control may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Nexium Control will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Nexium Control will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Nexium Control will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.