Images for illustrative purposes only
- Contains Metformin
- Treats PCOS symptoms
- Stimulates ovulation
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Sukkarto SR is the brand name for a medication that contains slow release metformin. Slow release means the medication is slowly absorbed into the bloodstream for a longer lasting effect in the body.
Metformin is commonly prescribed for type 2 diabetes, however, it can also be prescribed to treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as an “off-label” prescription. This doesn’t mean that the drug is unsafe, but simply that the drug manufacturer hasn’t extended the license to cover PCOS as well as diabetes.
to receive your order
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Sukkarto SR
- Sukkarto SR is most commonly used to treat diabetes, but can be prescribed to treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Sukkarto SR is the brand name for slow release metformin
- Sukkarto SR can sometimes cause nausea (feeling sick) diarrhoea and stomach ache, but these will usually settle after a few days
- It is common to start taking a low dose of Sukkarto SR before reassessing the dose based on any side effects that occur
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Sukkarto SR Work?
One of the main causes of polycystic ovary syndrome is insulin resistance. Sukkarto SR improves the body’s sensitivity to the insulin that is being produced, helping the body to respond more effectively to insulin to lower glucose levels. This in turn can help to treat PCOS, reducing symptoms and even supporting improved fertility.
Because Sukkarto SR is a slow release preparation, you may only need to take a tablet once a day. Slow release medications are helpful for reducing the number of tablets you need to take each day.
How is Sukkarto SR Taken?
Sukkarto SR is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. It is often taken with the evening meal to help reduce the risk of digestive side effects.
Dosage of Sukkarto SR
A common starting dose of Sukkarto SR is 500mg once in the evening. This may be increased slowly depending on your response, to a maximum of 2000mg (4x 500mg tablets or 2x 1000mg tablets) each evening.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Sukkarto SR can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Feeling sick or being sick (nausea or vomiting)
- Stomach pain
- Reduced appetite
- A strange or metallic taste in your mouth.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Occasionally, Sukkarto SR can cause more serious side effects including:
- Severe tiredness with fast or shallow breathing
- Feeling cold or having a slow heartbeat
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes)
- Skin rashes
- Mouth ulcers, muscle weakness or changes to your vision.
If any of these side effects occur, you should speak to a doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Sukkarto SR Warnings
Sukkarto SR may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have previously had a reaction to metformin or any of the ingredients in Sukkarto SR
- Have kidney disease or kidney failure
- Have heart failure or have recently had a heart attack
- Have alcohol dependence or regularly drink heavily
- Have liver disease
- Have lung disease
- Might already be pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether Sukkarto SR is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with Sukkarto SR. You may be advised that Sukkarto SR will not suit you if you already take:
- Medications for heart disease or high blood pressure
- Medications for kidney disease
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Some steroid medications
- Certain antibiotics
- Medications for indigestion or stomach ulcers.
Because Sukkarto SR may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Sukkarto SR will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Sukkarto SR will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Sukkarto SR will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.