Images for illustrative purposes only
Duloxetine is used to treat anxiety and depression. It is also used to alleviate nerve pain in people with diabetes, or in those who have pain resulting from arthritis or fibromyalgia. Duloxetine can make you feel sleepy or dizzy. If this occurs, you must not drive or operate heavy or complex machinery.
- Relieves nerve pain
- Restores the balance of chemicals in the brain
- Effective treatment for arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
What is Duloxetine?
- Duloxetine is used to treat anxiety, depression, and nerve disorders that cause pain including in diabetes
- Duloxetine is sometimes known by its brand names Cymbalta or Depalta
- Duloxetine can make you feel dizzy or sleepy, if this occurs you must not drive or operate heavy or complex machinery
- Duloxetine belongs to a family of medications called serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Duloxetine Work?
When taken to treat depression, duloxetine works by regulating the levels of serotonin and noradrenaline. These chemicals are responsible for helping to keep your mood level, and can help to ease the low or sad feelings associated with depression. By regulating these chemicals, duloxetine can also help to ease feelings of anxiety.
Duloxetine can also be prescribed to treat the nerve pain associated with diabetes. If the blood sugar levels remain high or are difficult to control, this can lead to a greater risk of damage to the nerves. This damage can lead to pain which may not be controlled by regular pain relief. Duloxetine can relieve this form of pain.
How is Duloxetine Taken?
Duloxetine is a tablet that should be swallowed with some water. It can be taken with or without food, and is usually taken once a day.
What is the proper dosage of Duloxetine?
Duloxetine 20mg / 30mg / 40mg / 60mg
The usual dose of duloxetine ranges from 30mg to 60mg each day. Occasionally, the dose can be increased to 120mg daily.
For depression, it is common to start taking 60mg daily. It can take up to four weeks to notice an improvement in your mood.
For anxiety, the starting dose is often 30mg daily. If this does not have the desired effect, the dose can be increased to 60mg daily.
For nerve pain associated with diabetes, it is common to take 60mg of duloxetine daily.
Your response to duloxetine should be assessed by a healthcare professional after two months to see whether duloxetine is suiting you, and if a change to your prescribed dose is required.
Are there any side effects to Duloxetine?
Like all medications, duloxetine can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision, feeling tired or dizzy – you must not drive or operate machinery if any of these side effects occur.
Less commonly, some people may notice the following side effects:
- Lack of appetite, stomach ache or indigestion
- Facial flushing
- Difficulty sleeping
- Skin tingling
- Feeling shaky
- Increased sweating
- Reduced interest in sex.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
Note: if you experience worsening of your depression, or have thoughts of suicide, you must speak to a doctor straight away.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Does Duloxetine come with any warnings?
Duloxetine may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Have heart disease
- Have glaucoma
- Have high blood pressure
- Have bipolar disorder or have experienced ‘high’ moods
- Have ever had a seizure or fit
- Have a blood disorder that increases your risk of bleeding, or take medications to thin your blood
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding
Some medications can interact with duloxetine. You may be advised that duloxetine will not suit you if you already take:
- Another antidepressant medication
- Antipsychotic medications
- St John’s Wort
- Triptan medications for migraine
Where can I buy Duloxetine online?
Buy Duloxetine for Anxiety
You can safely purchase Duloxetine at EU Meds. Because Duloxetine may not suit everyone, we will complete a consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that duloxetine will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, duloxetine will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Duloxetine will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.