Images for illustrative purposes only
- Lasts for up to 5 hours
- Kicks in within 15-30 minutes
- Suitable for those who may not be able to take other ED medicines
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from EU Pharmacies
Vardenafil is a medication prescribed for men with erectile dysfunction. It is taken just before you plan to have sex. Vardenafil is available in various strength tablets, so you must make sure you take the correct dose as prescribed for you.
to receive your order
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Levitra (generic name Vardenafil)
- Vardenafil is a medication that can help with erectile dysfunction or impotence
- Vardenafil is only to be taken by adult men
- Vardenafil should only be taken just before you plan to have sex, it is not a medication that needs to be taken regularly
- Vardenafil takes around 25 to 60 minutes to work
- Vardenafil increases blood flow to the penis to help achieve an erection
- Vardenafil is sometimes known by its brand name Levitra
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Vardenafil Work?
Vardenafil is a medication prescribed to help manage the symptoms of impotence or erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction might mean that you cannot achieve a proper erection, or that your erection does not last for long enough for a satisfactory sex life.
Erectile dysfunction is more common in men over the age of 40, and it can cause significant distress.
Erectile dysfunction can occur for a number of reasons. Medical causes of erectile difficulties include:
- Blood vessel disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Spinal injuries
- Nerve damage.
The medical cause of erectile dysfunction should be treated appropriately by your doctor, but vardenafil may be a helpful additional treatment.
Erectile dysfunction can also occur as a result of extreme stress, excessive worrying, tiredness or drinking too much alcohol. In addition to vardenafil, modification to lifestyle factors can therefore be helpful if you are experiencing erectile difficulties.
Vardenafil is a phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor. Vardenafil belongs to the same family of medications as Viagra (sildenafil). It works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels to improve the flow of blood to the penis. This in turn helps in achieving and maintaining an erection. Vardenafil will only help you to achieve an erection when you are aroused. You should take vardenafil around 25 to 60 minutes before you plan to have sex to give the medication time to work.
How is Vardenafil Taken?
Vardenafil is a tablet medication. You should swallow it with some water. It can be taken with or without food, although if you take it with a large or high-fat meal it may take long to begin working.
Dosage of Vardenafil
The usual dose of vardenafil is 10mg taken 25 to 60 minutes before you plan to have sex. Depending on how effective this medication is, the dose may be increased to 20mg, or decreased to 5mg.
You should not take more than 20mg of vardenafil in a 24 hour period.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Vardenafil can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Flushed appearance
- Blocked nose
- Feeling dizzy – you must not drive or operate heavy machinery if this occurs.
These side effects are usually caused by blood vessel dilation (widening) occurring elsewhere in the body. The side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice.
If you experience a prolonged erection that last several hours and does not go away, chest pains or sudden loss of vision after taking vardenafil, you must seek medical attention straight away.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Vardenafil may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your doctor if you:
- Take nitrates for chest pain
- Have heart or blood vessel disease, including low blood pressure, angina, or a previous heart attack
- Have had a previous stroke
- Take recreational drugs known as poppers
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have a stomach ulcer or another condition that causes bleeding
- Have sickle cell disease
- Have ever had blood or bone marrow cancer
- Have loss of vision
- Have any disease or deformity of the penis
- Are taking other medications
- Have previously had an allergic reaction to vardenafil, Levitra, Viagra, another medication for erectile dysfunction or any other medication.
You should not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit when taking vardenafil, as this can increase the amount of the medication in your bloodstream. This could increase your risk of experiencing side effects.
Some medications can interact with vardenafil. You may be advised that vardenafil will not suit you if you already take:
- Certain antibiotics and antifungal medications
- Medications for an enlarged prostate
- HIV medications.
Because vardenafil may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that vardenafil will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, vardenafil will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription, allowing you to pick the medication up at your convenience.