We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective treatment for incontinence
- Helps you control your bladder
- Improves bladder muscles
- Genuine medication
- All medications sourced in the UK
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Neditol XL is the brand name for the medication tolterodine. Neditol XL is prescribed to help with bladder symptoms including frequency and urgency of urination, as well as incontinence. It is a prolonged release medication, meaning that its pharmaceutical effects in the body last for longer.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
About Neditol XL
- Neditol XL is a bladder medication
- Neditol XL contains the active ingredient tolterodine
- Neditol XL is prescribed if you experience urgency of urination, find you need to pass urine frequently or have episodes of urinary incontinence
- The side effects of Neditol XL include a dry mouth, tiredness, and headaches
- Neditol XL can cause tiredness or changes to your vision, so you must not drive or use machinery if this occurs
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Neditol XL Work?
Neditol XL is prescribed if you have difficulty controlling your bladder. Urgency (a sudden, strong urge to pass urine), frequency (needing to go to the toilet frequently to empty your bladder) and incontinence (leaking urine before you get to the toilet) can all be distressing. Bladder symptoms can also have a big impact on your quality of life.
Neditol XL contains tolterodine which works by helping the muscular wall of the bladder to relax. This stops the sudden muscle contractions of the bladder, and helps the bladder to relax and hold more urine. This helps to alleviate the urgency and frequency of urination. It also helps you to control the release of urine, so that incontinence is less likely.
Neditol XL is a prolonged release medication, meaning that its effects are long lasting so that it often only needs to be taken once daily.
How is Neditol XL Taken?
Neditol XL tablets must be swallowed whole with some water. They can be taken with or without food.
Dosage of Neditol XL
Neditol XL is available in two different strength tablets, 2mg and 4mg. The usual dosage of Neditol XL is 4mg once daily.
Those with severe liver or kidney disease may be prescribed the lower dose of 2mg once daily.
Your response to treatment should be reviewed by your doctor after 2 to 3 months.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Neditol XL can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Daytime sleepiness
- Dry eyes
- Digestive side effects including constipation, diarrhoea, and abdominal pain
- Pain passing urine
- Swelling of the feet or ankles.
These side effects are likely to settle down, but if they persist or become troublesome you should speak to your doctor for further advice. Your doctor may reduce your dose if side effects occur.
Serious allergic reactions happen very rarely. If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip swelling or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Neditol XL Warnings
Neditol XL may not be suitable for everyone. You should tell your prescriber if you:
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to a medication
- Have urinary retention
- Have uncontrolled narrow angle glaucoma
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Have severe ulcerative colitis
- Have bowel disease
- Have a stomach condition called pyloric stenosis
- Have a hiatus hernia
- Have any other condition that could cause a blockage of the stomach, bowel, or urinary tract
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have autonomic neuropathy
- Have heart disease including rhythm disturbances
- Are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Your prescriber can then advise whether Neditol XL is a suitable medication for you.
Some medications can interact with Neditol XL. You may be advised that Neditol XL will not suit you if you already take:
- Certain antibiotics
Because Neditol XL may not suit everyone, we will complete a Consultation with you including a health questionnaire. This will ensure that the medication will be suitable for you.
A qualified prescriber will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that Neditol XL will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, Neditol XL will be ordered on your behalf via electronic prescription. Neditol XL will then be conveniently dispatched from one of our partner pharmacies.