We are back open! We are once again delivering our medications to your chosen address.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Increases testosterone
- Individual sachets
- Easy application
- Genuine medication
- Shipped from UK Pharmacies
Testogel is a medicine containing the male hormone, testosterone, which works to replenish the levels for adult men who don’t naturally produce the correct levels.
Choose the right medication
Start your order from home
No hidden costs
Medication shipped to your door
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Prescriptions issued by European Doctors
- Testogel contains the active ingredient testosterone, the hormone that naturally occurs in men
- Testogel is a gel that is applied to the skin where it is absorbed into the body
- Testogel is prescribed for men who do not produce testosterone, or who only produce a small amount of testosterone
- A healthy level of testosterone is needed for sperm production, maintaining a normal sex drive, for achieving an erection and for muscle and bone health
- As testosterone levels fall as men get older, testosterone replacement is sometimes prescribed for older men
- Testogel may also be prescribed for men who produce very little testosterone for other reasons
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Testogel Work?
Testogel contains the active ingredient testosterone. The gel is applied to the skin and should then be allowed to absorb in naturally. The testosterone then reaches the bloodstream, raising the overall level of testosterone in the body.
The testosterone in Testogel mimics the testosterone that would naturally be produced in the body. Testogel therefore helps with sperm production, supporting a healthy sex drive, erections and supporting bone, muscle and blood cell growth.
How is Testogel Taken?
Testogel should only be applied by the man who is taking it. No one else should help to apply it because they would be at risk of absorbing the hormone through their skin, too.
The gel needs to be applied once a day at around the same time. It should be applied as a thin layer to the skin of the shoulders, upper arms or abdomen.
The gel does not need rubbing in, but can simply be left as a thin layer smeared onto the skin. You should wait for around five minutes for the Testogel to soak into the skin naturally. Do not cover the area with clothing until the Testogel has properly dried.
If you shower in the morning, it is best to apply the gel after your skin has cooled down and properly dried. If you prefer to shower later in the day, you should wait six hours after applying the gel before showering.
After applying the gel, you should wash your hands. If you come into close contact with someone else, such as a partner, you should make sure that your hands have been washed before you touch them. You must also cover the area with clothing or have a shower before having skin to skin contact (including sex) with someone else. This is because otherwise there is a risk of transferring the active ingredient, testosterone, to them.
Testogel must not be used on the genital area, as it may irritate the skin.
Dosage of Testogel
There are two forms of Testogel:
- Testogel that comes in a pump form, and is usually taken at a dose of 40.5mg to 81mg per day
- Testogel that comes in a sachet, and is usually taken at a dose of 50mg to 100mg per day.
The dose of Testogel will be decided by your doctor based on how your body responds to your first doses of Testogel. You will undergo blood tests to check the levels of testosterone in your blood after starting Testogel, to decide which ongoing dose is required.
Are there any Side Effects?
Like all medications, Testogel can have some side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Skin reactions including itching or redness where the gel is applied
- Nausea and vomiting (feeling sick and being sick)
- Low mood or depression
- Weight gain.
If these don’t settle or are troublesome, you should speak to your doctor.
More rarely, other side effects can occur including:
- Prostate gland growth and increased prostate cancer risk
- Feeling anxious or irritable
- Aggression or anger
- Persistent painful erections – call a doctor straight away if this occurs
- Hair loss
- Breast enlargement or pain
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes.
If you experience, or are worried about, any of these side effects, you should speak to your doctor straight away.
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Testogel should only be taken by adult men. It is not suitable for women or children.
Elderly patients may require a lower dose of Testogel.
You should tell your doctor if you:
- Have, or have ever had, prostate or breast cancer
- Have, or have ever had, liver cancer
- Have any form of cancer that has ever spread to your bones
- Have kidney disease including nephrosis or nephrotic syndrome
- Have heart disease or high blood pressure
- Have epilepsy
- Have diabetes
- Have, or have ever had, migraines
- Have high calcium levels
- Have sleep apnoea.
Some medications can interact with Testogel. You may be advised that Testogel will not suit you if you already take:
- Blood thinning medications including warfarin
- Steroids including dexamethasone
- Insulin or tablets for diabetes
- Another type of testosterone medication.
You should also tell your prescriber about any herbal remedies or supplements you take. This will allow your prescriber to check that Testogel will not interact with them.
It is important that your doctor checks that Testogel will suit you. Your doctor should complete a thorough health questionnaire and review your current medications before prescribing this medication.